…that Aurora’s costume/dress worn by the Disney “cast members” is really poorly done compared to the other princesses? There may have been some variations of it through the years but all the ones I’ve seen are just… bad. I mean, looking at the actual cartoon character, it doesn’t seem like it should have been that hard to recreate in contrast to the others.
But the material they use for the bodice… It’s so thick and bulky. Doesn’t sit well at all and it was a pretty form-fitting gown in the movie. I also never got the impression that the top was supposed to be separate from the bottom… But I imagine it’s just easier for the cast members to get in and out of that way, which is understandable. Still, given the material and how it’s separated, it sticks out kind of awkward and seems too big and low over the hips. The lower, pointed section is also supposed to be that lighter shade of pink, not layered with a lighter shade underneath.
The skirt should be the same color as the top, and maybe it just seems really different colored because of the mismatched material, but it actually looks more like the lighter shade of pink that the sleeves and pointed mid-section should be. It also wasn’t split in the middle over a lighter underskirt.
The pale pink off-the-shoulder bit (which is supposed to be white) looks like something from some horrible Star Trek space-girl costume. Like they might just fly away with her. They don’t need to stick up like that.
And the crown is way too pronounced. Basically nothing like it was in the movie.
Yet they didn’t do too bad of a job with Cinderella, Belle, and Tiana’s ballgowns, or Jasmine’s belly-dancer style outfit, or Ariel’s tail… Why was it so hard to get Aurora’s right?
- they-tell-the-tale likes this
- swimchickj likes this
- theliterativiking answered: this is the most frustrating thing in the world! And she’s my favorite! :( They need to remake an entire new one (in blue perhaps? :) )
- theliterativiking likes this
- babycoquette answered: Omigod someone feels the same way as I do!! It SUCKS too cause Aurora is my fav disney princess T__T
- loveofdisney answered: I think part of the reasoning is practicality. Sizes make 2 piece costumes easier and hiding bra straps is easier with the shoulders covered
- robertoalan likes this
- emmayrose posted this